HOME

Saturday 10 December 2011

Melbourne Cup day 2011...a new adventure begins...

1 November 2011

Well today finally arrived...the day of departure...my ticket to freedom! I left home early and headed to the airport, checked in straight away and went through the doors, trying to escape the chaos that Qantas had caused with their strikes!

I didn't feel excited...didn't really feel anything. It always feels surreal when I plan these trips for months and then I finally leave...and I always leave with no expectations as I know now that anything can happen, especially in Indonesia.

Passed the flight with reading and two movies...an Indonesian film called 'Cinta Ungu/Purple Love' (just had to watch it!) and a Biography of Jane Goodall...all about her life and how she came to live in Tanzania and fight for the lives of the chimpanzees. It was a good movie and got me thinking about the orangutans! My main aim of this trip was to go and see the orangutans in Tanjung Puting, Kalimantan! And after that was accomplished, then try and see and enjoy as much of Kalimantan as I had time to.

My Garuda flight landed with a smooth touch down in Denpasar Airport, Bali and I got through customs and immigration quite quickly. I met an old Indonesian friend...Indonesia is such a small world! We stopped for a quick catch-up before I grabbed a taxi and headed to Ramayana Resort & Spa...my first 2 nights were to be spent here. :)

I ended the day with a nasi goreng and a margarita to celebrate the beginnings of my holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a message.