HOME

Tuesday 11 January 2011

Tantalising Togeans

27 November 2010

Kadadiri Island was a little piece of heaven.


After a couple of days staying in Ampana, it was time to get the ferry to the Togean Islands...since 1995 when I last travelled to Sulawesi, I have wanted to go to the Togean Islands. But in 1995, the roads were so flooded I was unfortunately unable to travel any further on from Poso.

So, today is the day...I am heading to the Togean Islands! I have decided to stay on Kadidiri Island. I travelled on the KM. Duta Samudra Ferry for approximately four hours from Ampana to Wakai, the largest settlement in the Togeans. I was delightfully entertained by four young local children singing and the beautiful scenery.
Children on the boat to Wakai



Kadidiri island was a little piece of heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a message.