HOME

Saturday 14 August 2010

Pulau Kanawa

 12th January 2010

After spending a couple of days relaxing and checking out Labuanbajo...I decided it was time to journey to one of the nearby islands and soak up some sun...and some more relaxing, quiet time to myself. There are many small islands just a couple of hours from Labuanbajo...I decided to go to Pulau Kanawa.
Pulau Kanawa is a small island approximately 1 hour from Labuanbajo. To my surprise and great delight I realised that there were no other tourists on the boat going to Kanawa and after talking to the captain on the boat, there were no tourists staying on the island. I was going to have the whole island all to myself...bliss!!!

As the boat neared the island I could see the white sand beach and the water was clear and crystal blue. It was really beautiful. I finally arrived and was shown to my simple bamboo bungalow. Now to relax for a few days...soak up the sun, snorkling, walking, reading and sleeping...what else could one ask for! I felt so lucky that I was all alone on the island...total solitude!

The early morning view from my bungalow...just beautiful!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a message.